Monday 24 June 2013

The perfect ride, take two: more perfect than perfect?

Another day, another ride...




Only this ride was exactly the same as the preceding one, except just with the company of Grecia this time around. No bad thing, though - the route was once again absolutely stunning, and this time we hit the restaurant at Hiyoshi Dam. Sadly (or perhaps thankfully) the famous all-you-can-eat buffet wasn't being served, but the food was still excellent and a (singular!) delicious local beer made the second half of the ride go by much faster. Not that I could possibly condone drinking and riding, of course...



We left the restaurant and as we were about to pull out of the parking area, it began to rain. Pretty heavily. The obvious solution to this problem was to wait it out in the free foot hot-spring.



An hour later, the rain finally started to clear, so we set off. It came back occasionally and we got pretty wet (besides, the roads were soaked) but the weather was warm enough that it was actually quite enjoyable. The views more than made up for it, too.



What a phenomenal route.

The ride also saw the final day of the fi'zi:k Tour Tune-Up challenge. I didn't make the 30 hour completion mark, but I did pass 20 hours, which I'm fairly happy with, netting a nice little badge in the process. Meanwhile my riding is all building towards Rapha Rising, which starts in about 3 weeks. I'm feeling confident, but the more training rides I can get in beforehand, the better!


2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you didn't let me drink wine :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I care deeply, of course.

      (I couldn't carry you 60km home ;) )

      Delete