Wednesday 1 January 2014

Bringin' in 2014

2013 - A year in summary (according to Strava):

Distance: 7,512.0 km
Time: 413h 52m
Elev Gain: 148,887 m
Rides: 146

The last 2-3 months I got almost no riding done (and physically I sure do know it!) but I managed to get one last one in to bring in the new year. Since I'm in Kagoshima for the next few weeks, there was really only one choice...



I rode around Sakurajima - an active volcano - in pitch darkness. Nearly nailed a wild boar at speed on a descent and rode through a cloud of volcanic ash (that I couldn't see until I was in it because it was dark). Then picked up a couple of beers and some fried chicken (at least half of which got fed to stray cats), sat by the bay and watched the fireworks and listened to the ships sound their horns at midnight. Good times all round.

Happy new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment