Friday 1 March 2013

Rapha Club Ride - February 2013

Apologies for this being the first of three posts, but I have a few things to catch up on so I figured I'd break them up nicely.

First up was a huge group ride on 10th February, run by Rapha Cycle Club in Osaka. I'm a big fan of Rapha cycling gear (the design and craftsmanship is excellent - my bib shorts in particular have taken a lot of abuse and still look new) and I'm good friends with one of the guys who works in the Osaka store, so myself and a bunch of our group joined their club ride as it came to Kyoto this month.




Turned out to be a great ride with a couple of tough climbs (including a nice Cat 2) and a great bunch of people. Next time the RCCO club ride comes to Kyoto (usually it's located near Osaka), I'm sure we'll go again.

Thanks to Ryo (of RCCO) for the photos!


Group photo (actually taken after the ride)

The pack heading up the first climb

Myself (left) and Alex (right) coming along the Uji river

Grecia (left) and Rafa (right) coming up a hairpin on the first really steep climb

Several of us bashing along the coast of Biwa lake

No comments:

Post a Comment