Sunday 8 September 2013

Autumn is here!

After a terrible, terrible summer, autumn is finally here! Temperatures have fallen 10 degrees or more in the last 2 weeks. Amazing. Cycling can resume properly! At least, when the current endless rain allows it to...

A couple of fun tidbits from the past few weeks...

The result of summer

Went for a ride the other week and my regular Rapha bibs were in the wash, so I had to wear my old Silbest team ones (which I haven't worn for probably a year). The result was less than flattering.


Summer has given me quite the tan... in certain areas!


Hornets!

September brings with is several joys, not least of which is that the wasps and hornets all begin to die off. Unfortunately they also become very aggressive.

Yesterday I was stung by one that flew at me from the side of the road, while I was riding at probably 40 km/h! Thing came straight at me and a couple of seconds later I felt an intense pain on my inner thigh. Not much I could do while riding besides trying not to swerve into oncoming traffic!

I had to stop in Uji to find a drug store and buy some steroid cream. Fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment