Wednesday 17 October 2012

Strava, socks

As autumn ramps up, so too does my road mileage. I'm currently riding 2-3 times a week so rather than post about everything here, you can track my riding on Strava here:

http://app.strava.com/athletes/1109295

You may need to be a member of Strava to get all the juicy details - I'm not sure.

I am particularly happy to have apparently topped 50 mph on a downhill stretch this past weekend...



On a fixed gear bike where the cranks are directly linked to the rear wheel, on a relatively low gear, this was frankly terrifying (in the best possible way). I'm not exactly sure how correct Strava is here but I know I was going damn fast (must have looked ridiculous, spinning my way down the hill, nearly being thrown off the bike) and I did pass several cars on the descent, so it's probably not particularly unrealistic.

In related news, I bought some new gear. Some 'Sock Guy' cycling socks. Which are bright orange and read 'CRASH TEST DUMMY'. I couldn't not buy them, really...


I can only get away with these on my 7am Friday morning ride, I think...

Climbing season shouldn't be far off now. Stay tuned... that is, after all, the original topic of a blog called 'Vertical Japan'...

No comments:

Post a Comment