Sunday 8 July 2012

Back in the saddle!

In a slightly more upbeat follow-up to my last update, today was a lovely day (finally, it stopped raining!) and I took the opportunity to get back on my bike and get riding again.

Today's trip - the first since my little accident - was a 'gentle' 35km to see how things felt. Turns out things felt great - I could have gone and done it again when I got back, but it's probably wise to ease my broken body back into things...

So, 35km of gorgeous forested roads, surprisingly sustained climbing and putting geared roadies to shame on the aforementioned sustained climbs. And the destination was the beautiful Buddhist temple Kurama-dera, located up in the hills north of Kyoto.

Not a bad way to spend a few hours and I'm confident that I can get back into longer rides soon. Feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment