Monday 21 October 2013

Splish splash, I was takin' a bath...

...in the autumn rain.

It absolutely bucketed it down today. Myself and two other intrepid/foolish explorers - Cory and Nigel - set out for some reason to do probably the hardest climb in Kyoto, Seiryo Omote.

As you might expect, it was a deeply unpleasant if relatively brief sufferfest.



The climb itself is truly horrendous - steep, never-ending and covered in branches, pine needles, grit and rocks. It pissed it down throughout the entire ride. My choice of fat, knobby cyclocross tyres was a strength-sapping one and the climb ruined me.

Oh, then I had my bike slide out from under me on the ride home, dumping me onto my hip and elbow. Which hurt.

All in all, a fine few hours well spent in the mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment